December 30, 2017
Greetings and Salutations,
The year is coming to a close and 2018 is upon us. To me, it feels like the years went quickly but these last 48 hours are dragging! No laundry list of resolutions here. Just a list of things I’ve learned, my 5 words for next year, and my year in photos (psssst, if you’re just here for the photos, scroll down….I won’t be offended).
2017 taught me (in no particular order)…
- Change is inevitable and to be embraced. Plans, people, me…I might as well get used to it.
- It’s ok to talk to somebody when I’m not ok. There’s no need to act like I’ve got it all together when there are truly areas of my life where I’m struggling. Pride is destructive and deceptive. It breeds isolation and makes us think we are fine alone, when we were never meant to be alone. I am loved. By God, by my husband, by my friends and family and (in my best Tyra voice)- they are all rooting for me!
- Jesus is real and His grace and mercy are always available, even when I jack stuff up (which I do…a lot…because human).
- All things are working together for my good because I love God and and I am called according to his purpose.
- I am stronger that I thought I was.
- God hears my prayers.
- My husband is the best teammate I could ever have.
- Happiness is my choice.
- I don’t have to be anybody but myself.
A friend challenged me to provide 5 words for 2018 instead of drafting a list of random resolutions.
So here goes;
1. Love | God. Self. Others. Boom.
2. Consistency | In pursuit of #1.
3. Faith | Acting in the presence of fear.
4. Gratitude | Giving thanks in all circumstances to grow in contentment.
5. Growth | In all areas of my life.
So ready for 2018. Thank you 2017 for everything I’ve learned. Happy New Year!!!